Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mineral makeup: Sheer Cover vs. Bare Minerals - Part 1

I was very skeptical about using minerals of any kind because I questioned how much coverage you can really get. Surprisingly, minerals feel really light on your skin. Yes, it really is like you're not wearing anything at all. Also, it blends very well into your neckline so no mask. Don't believe those "mineral hater" advertisements that act like you get the powder everywhere. It's very easy to keep it neat.
So which is better? I love the Bare Minerals brushes and color selections over the Sheer Cover. However, Sheer Cover gives you this great cream cover up that you literally dab lightly on your blemish and then apply the powder as you normally would. It's a perfect cover up. The Bare Minerals lasts much longer as you don't need as much to get the job done. My kit lasted me over two months before I had to get another one and I used it every day. Once applied, you can add a touch up if you're going out at night but I rarely had to do even that.
Bare Mineral
I also love the eye shadows offered with Bare Minerals. Don't bother with the mascara though. I still think Maybelline makes the best mascara and it's so affordable.

So my favorite is Bare Minerals but I always keep the Sheer Cover cream cover up handy. I'm surprised Bare Minerals hasn't come out with anything similar yet but I'm sure it's not to far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment