Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mineral makeup: Sheer Cover vs. Bare Minerals - Part 2

I was instantly attracted to the concept of Mineral Based makeup after viewing a late night info-mercial by Bare Minerals. Even still it took me several months to actually try the product. My skin is very dry and I suffer from allergic eczema. There are periods of time that parts of my face become dry and scaly looking. This condition had made wearing makeup extremely difficult. So I decided to order Bare Minerals. Once it arrived in the mail, I watched the DVD and read the instructions and tips that came with the product. One use and I was hooked. It is so easy to apply just like the commercials say.
Bare Minerals makeup from Bare escentuals

It has been a real find for me. Nothing that I bought in the stores or from cosmetic dealers was working. Bare Minerals has not healed my skin condition, but even during a flare up I can wear my makeup and hide at least some of it. I would definitely recommend this product to everyone. Try it you will love it, and if not it comes with a money back guarantee.

After using Bare Minerals for several months, I decided to try Sheer Cover. It seemed to work just as good on television and was slightly less expensive. When this product arrived I read the instructions and started to use the product. The first thing that I noticed was the color did not blend well and I looked like I had an orange residue on my face. I tried to mix the two colors like the instructions recommended, but did not get much better results. The next thing that I noticed was the product did not adhere very well. The other products that came with the foundation did work very well. I loved the lip gloss, and eye shadows, but I really did not care for the foundation.

I recommend that anyone that is currently using traditional store bought cosmetics try one of these products. As noted above I prefer the Bare Minerals, but some may find the Sheer Cover works better for them. Either choice will be better for your skin than the cosmetics that are full preservatives and other chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment